Friday 26 March 2010

Johnny Maestro - RIP.

One of the greatest doo-wop singers, Johnny Maestro of the Crests has died of cancer. It's another sad day for rock 'n' roll fans, as this guy was one of the best. Personally, he was a guy that I hoped I would one day get to see in the UK.

His friend, the legendary Dion DiMucci wrote on Facebook: "My Dear Friend " JOHNNY MAESTRO" passed away today..... Last week we had wonderful & lovely conversations about our Lord. Johnny was a class act. He was truly a gentleman. :::...We will miss him. He sang "You'll Never Walk Alone" like an angel....
WE THANK YOU FOR THE BEAUTIFUL TRIP YOU TOOK US ON...LOVE & PEACE".

My Crests Top 5

1. Six Nights A Week
2. 16 Candles
3. Gee (But I'd Give The World)
4. What A Surprise
5. Isn't It Amazing





No comments: