Friday 5 June 2009

Setzer set to sizzle this summer


The remainder of 2009 looks busy on the Brian Setzer front with him and the big band playing the States, Canada for the first time in 14 years and even a couple of dates in Europe. His shows at the Pori Jazz Festival in Finland and the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam are his first here with the band for nine long years, and I can't make it! On September 6th, Brian Setzer & The Nashvillains will be co-headlining a show with Chris Isaak at the Ironstone Amphitheatre in Murphys, CA, which promises to be a great show with that line-up.

He's also been busy completing all the rhythm tracks for a new album which will be out in the Fall. It will feature 12 new originals, nine of them featuring the big band with orchestrations by Frank Comstock. Setzer describes the new project as "the sound of the album is very "Film Noir". It could really be a soundtrack album for an unwritten film, which is how I approached the song writing. If you liked previous songs I have written like "Switchblade 327"," Drive Like Lightning"or "Ignition", I think you'll like this record. Oh, by the way, the album title is, "Songs from: Lonely Avenue". Don't worry, there's plenty of guitar on it!"

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hi Rockabillyville,
I’m writing from Surfdog Records. I’ve seen you post about a couple of Brian Setzer’s songs and wanted to let you know we’re gearing up to release a brand new Brian Setzer album this Fall! I’d love to add you on to our e-mail list so we can send you some exclusive free tracks before the album even comes out. I did not see an e-mail address on your blog. Please send me an e-mail at megan@surfdog.com if you would like to be added to our list!
Best,
Megan